Once a call forwarding is enabled, it is active until it is disabled. The following information should explain how the different call forwardings work.
Unavailable call forwarding acts as a fail-over whenever your line goes down. ThinkTel recommends that this be set on all numbers, so if something does happen to your line your calls will still complete.
Customers can use surecall to apply on a DID or pilot(SIP Trunk) As explained below. If applied on the pilot all DID's without surecall applied will also forward to the trunks unavailable number.
All of the following services are able to be applied to the PBX line.
The only one that can be applied to a DID is the Unavailable, the rest have to be configured on the PBX.
We can apply more than one of the below forwardings.
- Unconditional call forward - forwards without the line ringing.
- Busy Call Forwarding - Will forward whenever the line is busy (will not work if you have voicemail as one will cancel out the other)
- Delayed Call forwarding - If no answer, the call will be forwarded to a specified number after a certain amount of time.
We can set from 6 - 3600(1hr) seconds. But if your line ever goes down it will forward like “Unavailable Call forwarding“ to the specified number.
If set to 1 minute, it will only forward for important matters. Most people hang up after 6-8 rings.
If set to 36 seconds, it will forward when you are away from the phone. About 6 rings.
- Unavailable Call forwarding – Will forward all calls unconditionally if your line ever goes down (NIS).
- You can also use Sure Call as explained in this article. Using uControl Is also included in the attached PDF
- Selective call forwarding - Is set if you want a specific number (for which the caller's number is withheld) to be forwarded to a specific number. i.e. voicemail.
- Find-me-follow-me (SimRing) - Will ring another number(s) at the same time that your VoIP line does. To a maximum of 32 numbers.
Once the forwards are enabled in our switch you can turn them on and off with the following access codes.
Unconditional Call Forwarding
Enable Code 72#
Disable code 73#
Busy Call Forwarding
Enable Code 90#
Disable code 91#
Delayed Call Forwarding
Enable Code 92#
Disable code 93#
Selective Call Forwarding
Access Code 63
Alternative Code 83
Enable Code 220#
Disable code 221#
If the SimRing above does not work try this one
Enable code 230#
Disable code 231#
Before the Unconditional, Busy, or Delayed Call Forwarding forwards can be applied a courtesy call needs to be placed.
- Dial access code
- There will be a high pitch tone
- Dial destination number
- Customer will hear "beep beep" then silence
- Rings on the destination phone.
- If someone picks up, the CFWD is enabled. If not, repeat Steps 1-4 and the Call Forward will be enabled.
I hope this information was helpful in clarifying the different forwarding we offer our ThinkTel customers.
ThinkTel Orders will be able to apply one of the forwardings to your numbers if you send the following information to [email protected]
Type of forwarding:
Forwarded to Number:
Duration till forward(If applicable):